Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Why I don't need a New Year to make a New Me

New Years Resolutions are just a whole bunch of hype to me. Why do you need to wait 365 days to set a new goal, to make yourself better? All sounds so silly to me. Which is why I don't believe in it, and I don't participate in it. I have the free will to stop at any point and say, this is not where or who I want to be, and change it. Which is exactly what I have been doing since July, since the beginning of not only my social media cleanse, but also my life cleanse as well.

It's been almost 6 months since I started my "cleanse", and it's been one hell of a 6 months. I've learned so many life lessons from such small life happenings, yet taken so many very large steps toward improving myself. It's crazy what a little tuning out of the clutter and background noise of life can do. When I first started my cleanse, I was worried about not fulfilling it. But then I realized, the cards were in my hands. The cleanse would be what I would make of it. I started making a list of things I knew I otherwise would have never done had I not been making the effort to make a change. At first, I had a hard time coming up with stuff. But then when I stopped trying, it seemed to triple in size. If this is what I've accomplished in 6 months, I can't wait to see what I accomplish if I can permanently maintain this new way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment