Saturday, July 16, 2016

Finding Balance

I have been preparing for this journey for a long time. Especially these last few months, I have made it a point to take the steps needed to be mentally and emotionally ready for this, and I've never felt more alive and ready.

One of the first things everyone told me when I got into PA school was to never forget to make time for life balance. This was the first thing they told me. Not that it was going to be incredibly hard and time consuming, but that it was going to be pertinent to MAKE time to make a life. Wow. Talk about perspective. So amongst the incredibly hard, time consuming work, I have made it a point to take everyone's advice.

If there's one thing I've learned from being an AT, it's just how important life balance is. One cannot have inner peace or self if they do not give themselves a chance to find it. During orientation, he gave us an hour breakdown of what our days should look like, and at the end, he totaled 24 hours of "free time" during the week. TWENTY FOUR! That's a whole days worth of time to focus on you, do something for you. So I have certainly made it a point to implement this, and so far? so good. It's actually a lot easier than you'd think. Whether it's having the motivation to get up early and workout, or know when to call it quits and go enjoy some good sushi and ice cream with some even greater company. With that said, my first week of PA school is in the books (literally) and has been a success! Well, we will officially see after the first exam ;)



"She is at a point in her life where peace is her priority and negativity cannot exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment